April Showers will bring May flowers?! Isn’t that what they all say?
Well, we are currently living in a time of high stress and uncertainty. While April may be raining on us all, there is still plenty we can all do to keep ourselves healthy, happy, and on track towards our long-term health and wellness goals.
This month, our challenge for you is to prioritize your health.
Health Coach-Approved Resources and Tips –
You’ll need to stay healthy (and sane) while practicing social distancing and staying home:
Mindfulness for Caregivers Microsoft Teams Group:
Physical activity & exercising from home:
- FREE Virtual Exercise Videos with Heart and Soul Fitness:
- FREE Online Yoga
- Fitting exercise into your busy schedule
ChristianaCare Live Group Exercise Classes via Microsoft Teams:
Our Healthy Lifestyle Microsoft Teams Group:
Nutrition & healthy eating
- 6 Week Nutritional Guidance Toolkit
- Nutrition Education & COVID-19
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Social distancing-approved activity ideas
- Family Game Nights – virtual or in-house (puzzles, board games, card games, video games)
- Drawing, Painting, Coloring
- Movie Nights and binge-worthy shows
- Outdoor hiking, walking, jogging/running
- Backyard Sports and Exercise
- Make a list of things you're grateful for
- Cooking/Baking: follow a YouTube guided recipe!
- Make repairs around the house you’ve been putting off
- Learn a new skill! There are thousands of free resources online