ChristianaCare Fitness and Wellness Reimbursement Program
Reimbursement amount cannot exceed $100
*Final determination of eligibility for reimbursement resides with the program administrator.
- Activity trackers (i.e. Fitbit, Garmin, etc.)
- Exercise DVD’s
- Exercise Equipment (Treadmills, Stationary Cycle, Free Weights, etc.) New for 2022!
- Fitness center membership
- Group exercise (i.e. karate, barre, yoga, etc.)
- Nutrition/Weight management services
- Personal Training
- Race Registration Fees
- WW (Weight Watchers reimagined)
- Wellness App (related to mindfulness, nutrition, exercise, etc.)
$tand By Me is your partner in working toward meeting your financial goals. This confidential service is free for ChristianaCare caregivers and provides many key features, including:
- Personal Financial Coaching – budgeting, financial goal setting, savings, debt and personal money management.
- Mind Our Money Workshops – Four 1-hour interactive workshops where participants have fun while learning about money.
- Financial Services – Work with credit unions and non-profits to develop and increase access to consumer-friendly savings, loan and transaction products.
- Post-Secondary Education Services – Financial coaching for post-secondary, FAFSA applications, managing student loan debt.
- Community Referrals – Debt consolidation, foreclosure assistance, free tax preparation, match savings programs, home ownership counseling.
Click here to learn more and schedule your appointment.
Care @ Work
- Care.com Membership: Premium, unlimited access to Care.com to find caregivers, tutors, senior caregivers, pet walkers and sitters, and more.
- Backup Care: Up to 15 backup care days per year for children and adults.
- For Children: 15 backup care days per year for in-home or in-center vetted and subsidized care for your children when your regular care is not available.
- For Adults: We provide Backup Care for adults for rides to doctor appointments, help recovering from surgery, and more
- Co-pays are waived from 4/1/2022 and 6/30/2022. After 6/30/2022, co-pays are as follows:
$4 per hour for in-home childcare or adult care
$15 per day for in-center child care
- Personal Network Backup Care: You can have a family member, neighbor, friend, or regular sitter watch your child(ren) and get reimbursed for a portion of the cost.
Enroll on christianacare.care.com to access these benefits. You will use your Employee ID number to register. Make sure to download the Care @ Work mobile app to quickly request backup care! Click here to learn more.
Cornerstone Martial Arts
- Cornerstone offers martial arts classes for men, women and children, as well as kickboxing classes.
- Their programs start at around $129 per month for karate and $75 per month for kickboxing. Cornerstone is offering a 15% discount off their regular prices for caregivers and their spouses and dependents.
406 Lantana Drive
Hockessin, DE 19707
YMCA of DE
• No Joiner Fee + 50% off first month membership
|Bear-Glasgow Family Y
351 George Williams Way
Newark, DE 19702
3 Mount Lebanon Rd
Wilmington, DE 19803
501 West Eleventh St
Wilmington, DE 19801
1137 South State St.
Dover, DE 19901
|Sussex Family YMCA
20080 Church St.
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
|Western Family YMCA
2600 Kirkwood Highway
Newark, DE 19711
404 N. Cass St.
Middletown, DE 19709
|Website||Click here to learn how to join.|
YMCA of Chesapeake (Cecil County Family YMCA)
Build your membership with a base rate from either an adult or senior:
- Adult, ages 18-61 - $43.20
- Senior, ages 62 & older - $36.80
Add additional adults, seniors, and children living in your home to complete your rate:
- Additional Adult (18+) - $12.80
- Additional Senior (62+) - $8.80
- Children** - $4.80
**Children over the age of 18, that are enrolled in college full-time, may stay on your membership as a child until age 26. Also, you can add all of the children that live in your household, but you will only pay for the first 2.
25 YMCA Blvd
Elkton, MD 21921
(410) 298 2333
Diabetes Prevention Program
Are You At Risk or Have You Been Diagnosed with Prediabetes?
Beat Type 2 Diabetes with PreventT2
PreventT2 is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). PreventT2 is taught by ChristianaCare registered dietitians and community educators who’ve been trained as lifestyle coaches.
The PreventT2 Program is:
- Free for any ChristianaCare employee and their covered spouse (regardless of age) who may be at risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Classes are held at: Christiana Hospital, 4755 Ogletown Stanton Road, Newark, DE 19718
One Year to a Healthier You
PreventT2 is a one-year lifestyle program that will help you lower the risk of getting type 2 diabetes. The program is a CDC-approved curriculum and is taught by trained lifestyle coaches.
The goal of the program is to help you lose 5 to 7 percent of your weight — up to 14 pounds for a person weighing 200 pounds — by eating healthier and being more physically active.
Meetings are weekly for the first 16 weeks then twice a month for the next six months.
With PreventT2, you’ll learn to:
- Improve Nutrition
- Become more physically active.
- Become more physically active.
- Manage stress.
- Successfully overcome obstacles.
- Reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Small group classes of up to 15 people provide a supportive environment
Employee Fitness Centers
Christiana Hospital Fitness Center: Room LE70
Group Exercise Studio: Room LE89
Hours: 24/7 badge access
Avenue North Fitness Center
Group Exercise Studio & Cycle Room: Ground Floor WG-367
Hours: M – F 5am – 9pm;
Sat-Sun 5am – 3pm
Eligible ChristianaCare Caregivers have access to these centers at no cost.
- Group exercise classes
- Cardio and weight machines, free-weight dumbbells, dual-pully, and smith machines available
- Plate-loaded weight machines available at Avenue North
- Locker rooms and showers
- Degreed and certified fitness professionals are available for equipment orientation, consultation, and program design
Please visit the Employee Fitness Centers Share Point Site for registration & access, group exercise classes, on demand videos and Fitness, Health, & Nutrition Resources. Contact [email protected] with questions.
Lincoln Financial – Retirement Plan Services
ChristianaCare has dedicated on-site Lincoln Financial retirement consultants. The retirement consultants are available to help you make the most of your plan, so you have a greater opportunity to enjoy the retirement you envision.
During a meeting with a retirement consultant, you can:
- Review your account and get answers to your investment questions.
- Evaluate if you’re saving enough to retire when and how you’d like.
- Review and make changes to your asset allocation.
- Get assistance with rolling old accounts into your current account.
Click here to schedule a consultation.
Click here for more information.
A happier, healthier life starts here.
Christiana Care is committed to helping you reach your wellness goals—to lose weight, eat healthier, move more, develop a more positive mindset, or all the above—by offering discounted pricing on the WW offerings listed below.
Find the right plan that suits your lifestyle!
Digital less than $9.00/month
Track your food, activity and weight any time with all the tools and resources right in the WW app. Access our database of restaurants and 8,000+ recipes, 24/7 coaching, members-only digital community, on-demand workouts and so much more.
Unlimited Workshops + Digital less than $20.00/month
Meeting weekly with a WW Coach and others members who are here for you, in-person or virtually. Each week’s curriculum is rooted in decades of research, bringing you the latest science-backed techniques to help you lose weight and build healthy habits. Includes all the benefits of the Digital program.
Join WW through ChristianaCare at a discounted rate: Join Now.
Click here to learn more.
WeightWatchers is here for you!
It's National Diabetes Month and we have Diabetes-Tailored Plans for you.
Discount movie, travel, and other recreational tickets are available. Caregivers who wish to purchase movie or other tickets can log onto the Working Advantage Website or order by telephone at 1-800-565-3712, fax at 1-888-340-3388 or by mail. Caregivers will need to provide ChristianaCare's Corporate ID, christiana302, when using the on-line service for the first time under Register.
Click here for additional information.